Organic Sparerib Recipe Spicey for in the Oven
Spareribs for 4-6 persons
- 1 kg Spareribs (preferably from an (organic) butcher)
- 20 gram Vesuvius Spice Mix
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp vinegar - 2 tbsp honey
- Put the oil in a bowl, add the juice of the lime, the honey and the vinegar. Mix well and add the spice mix to taste.
- Make sure the white skin is off the spare ribs. You can let the butcher do this but you can also easily do it yourself.
- Put the spare ribs and marinade in a container and cover it. Put the container in the fridge. Make sure that the marinade can soak in for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight. (Tip: you can also use a ziplock bag)
- Preheat the oven to 130 degrees Celcius and line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the spare ribs on the baking tray with the hollow side down and cover them with a layer of aluminium foil.
- Leave the spare ribs in the oven for 1 hour and then raise the temperature to 170 degrees Celsius. Let the spare ribs bake for another 50 minutes and then remove the aluminium foil.
- Coat the spare ribs again with the remaining marinade and cook for another 25-30 minutes.
The spare ribs are now ready, enjoy them!